2007 went by rather quickly, changing things as it rolled on by. In retrospect, it really was a year of discovery for me, unearthing aspects of myself that I never really knew existed. Some were fascinating discoveries, such as the day I found out that I could actually drive on the highway by myself without endangering anyone's life or that I actually enjoy at least one form of cooking (baking, really. but it still counts as cooking as it comes with ingredients, high temperatures, and an end product that are edible for the most part) or that I really do enjoy listening to classical piano. I also discovered that I could adapt to change much quickly than I had anticipated. Of course, not all things that I figured out about myself were entirely award-winning. I realized that I was wasteful of time and money, that a lot of times I get my priorities wrong while I am so convinced that I have them right, that I forget things so easily yet I disregard writing down a quick note to remind myself of the task and end up forgetting it entirely, that sometimes I don't treat people with the most respect I should give them, that I get so caught up in my own weaknesses that I forget to be considerate of others' limitations.
I have always gone along with the grain, which stems from all of my complicated and shallow insecurities. But I believe that God has allowed changes to occur in my life in this past year to break through all of my pretenses, making me vulnerable. I had no one to rely on but Him. And through this, I rediscovered His amazing love and how much He loves me for who I am, not for who I pretend to be. After all, He is the only one who truly knows me, yet still loves me completely. I rejoice in who I am in Him. And because of this, I look forward to the new year with renewed humility and gladness in my heart.
Sorry for the long, somewhat melancholic entry. Changing gears...
So people usually have New Year's resolutions. I don't really have any in particular, but I am determined to learn something new each year. This year, my focus is on learning how to play the guitar. I know how to play a few chords which constitutes to about two songs. And my strumming is terrible. It would be nice to expand on that and learn how to jam by myself.
There is much to look forward to this coming year. Let's list a few things, shall we?
- a possible trip to the Philippines in the summer
- actually starting my first nursing clinical next fall (yes, I am excited about that)
- quitting my job
- turning 21
- the arrival of baby boy Medina
- Breaking Dawn (the fourth and final addition to my beloved Twilight Series)
- Twilight the movie coming out
Speaking of the Twilight movie, they have announced their casting for the 2 main characters:
Kristen Stewart to star as Bella Swan
She was in Panic Room, In the Land of Women, Speak, and other movies. Personal opinion: she's a good actress and she has the simplistic beauty that I imagine Bella to have.

Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen
Apparently he played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire movie, but as I have never watched that movie or any movie that he was in for that matter, I can't really judge how he is as an actor. I've heard mixed reviews. Personal opinion: he doesn't look like the Edward I imagine when I read the books. But then again, there's always makeup and such to make him look more the part. I just hope that he can act the part.
Sorry about the Twilight plug, but really, I love this series. It brings out the shameless fangirl in me.
On a random note, I need to buy a calendar.
Happy 2008!

2 comments:
Happy New Year Angie! I still gotta give you your gift. Hmmmm when when shall we hang out?! We should have a bunsoy sleepover...FOR REALS!!! before lily leaves again. Maybe we should all watch a movie together too :]
oh yeah...that guy does not look like Edward at all!!! what are they thinking?! hopefully he'll look more like edward in the movie.
love ya!
Comment.
Post a Comment