It is a perfect jewel of a day. The temperatures are around the 70s, sunshine, and a cool breeze. It is quite unusual to have such warm weather in January, and since I figured this probably wouldn't last long, I decided to go out and make the most of it. I ended up eating pasta outside in Kingstowne and reading a book. It was perfect. I didn't have company, but it was nice to enjoy the weather nonetheless.
Yesterday was also a nice day. Emil and I ended up eating bagels in the parking lot with the windows down and the sun roof open, just enjoying the breeze and sun. And later that night, we found ourselves sitting on the roof of his car, while I point out constellations that I vaguely remember from my short-lived Astronomy class.
The weather here in the DC metropolitan area can be quite bipolar at times. I am more appreciative of unusually perfect days like this one because I know they don't last, the cold or the heat or the rain would come back sooner of later. But it definitely is a nice way to end my "Winter" Break.
2 comments:
few people say its disgusting winter weather....but i jst smile as i totally disagree with them.
i love the weather too :]
and i miss you angie!!!
Post a Comment