Today, I was cleaning and ran across my old journal from middle school. I began to read it out loud to Emilio, who was on the phone. Let's just say, hilarity ensues. Here are a few uneditted excerpts:
"Do I look like I care where the Oval Office is located in the White House?" [Civics/History was never my favorite subject.]
"I went to the zoo yesterday... it was cold and stinky... The panda was scratching its butt on a log. That was the only fun thing that happened. Food was nasty and expensive. I was hoping that my cheeseburger wasn't made out of panda meat." [I don't really remember this field trip, but now I LOVE the Zoo! Especially the pandas.]
"Ica stabbed herself on her hand... it was kinda deep but we had fun." [I remember exactly when that happened. Needless to say, Ica's mom freaked out on the phone when she informed her that she stabbed herself while peeling vegetables. I don't know why I put fun in that sentence.]
"He pokes me with his pencil like I'm some kind of pin cushion." [Some guy who was totally crushing on me wanted to get my attention. This was before Facebook and the age of the SuperPoke.]
"I had a dream that I was a part of the Harry Potter book and that I was going to the Yule Ball with Ron Weasley." [Yeah, I was a huge HP fan... even in my dreams.]
"I got a mathematician award!" [Well, imagine my surprise when I read this. This made me laugh so hard because I'm seriously mathematically disabled. I think I'm going to try to find that award to make sure I didn't make it up.]
"He was trying to smell my hair in Science class." [Yeah... it's always those creepy lab partners.]
So there it is, a candid glimpse of the world through my 14-year-old eyes.
6 comments:
I stumbled upon your blog looking for something interesting to read and let me just say this was hysterical.
"He pokes me with his pencil like I'm some kind of pin cushion."
haha ohhh boys. they'll never learn will they? except now its more then pencils that they're trying to poke with =P
You right honey, Hilarity unsues your post his time. It was a nice bed time story that you'll have to read me again some time. I wish i wrote something like a journal when I was younger. It probably would be filled with stupidity.
hahahah LOL!!! .."but we had fun"..funniest thing i've read in such a LONG time!! hahaha..oh my gosh..i remember that time too..
" This was before Facebook and the age of the SuperPoke" ROTFL. guys like that prolly invented the superpoke on facebook
haha... hilarious..
I went through all of my notebooks as well during Christmas break.. Lets just say I was like, "umm... wow.."
But ya, we didnt get to hang out over break... so suurry!
bwahaha. I love how my clumbsiness still mannages to bring laughter. lol...
Post a Comment