Me writing down my patient's report:
"Pt is a 1 mo F on neutropenic precautions. NKDA, S/P BMA, tolerated it well, received 15 mg ketamine, pressure bandage for 24 hr post procedure, stable VS, IV fluids at 16 cc/hr, PICC line L hand, IV site C/P/I, strict I&O, NPO pre procedure, now PO on Similac ad lib, good PO intake, alert & oriented x 3, afebrile, O2 sat 99% on RA, parents at bedside."
After reading it over, I realized that this is an entirely different language. 3 years ago, I never would've understood what this all meant. It made me realize how much I've learned for the past 4 semesters. So far, I'm really enjoying the pediatric unit. I do not mind spending 8 hours reading and playing with my 1 year old patient in between meds and assessments, or burping and rocking a 1 month old. Totally different from the adult med/surg unit.
5 comments:
awwwe pediatric unit.
uhhh u have a completely different language, Angie. lol
say what?!
LoL, i guess i do know another language.
Whats BMA again?
bone marrow aspiration.
intense...how do u say that in nurse language? hehe
Post a Comment