You know what I miss? I miss reading. I mean, of course I still read. I read nursing articles (for CE credits). I (try) to read doctors' almost indiscernible hand writings. I read my FB newsfeed. I read wedding blogs. I read the Bible (currently on Romans). I read contracts and fine prints (ugh, adulthood). But I miss reading just for the sake of entertainment. Not to learn, not to snoop on people's lives, not to concentrate on every little scribble. Just mindless reading. Reading about fictional characters in fictional settings with fictional problems that lead to fictional endings and then leave the book aside and forget about it. I've tried to get into reading again, but I think my brain's forgotten how to read mindlessly. I miss being transported onto a world drawn out in words and sentences. Maybe I'll get my reading groove back this summer, possibly pool-side or accompanied by some caloric drink in some coffee shop. My goal is to finish all of the books I started and never finished (there's currently 7 of them now that I've started counting).
What do you miss doing that you used to enjoy?
And if you're an avid reader, what are you currently reading?
1 comment:
I miss reading, blogging and baking... We already talked about this.. haha
Post a Comment