Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hi, I'm a Bride.

Emilio proposed on my birthday last month. It was the sweetest and happiest day of my life. Throughout our 7-year relationship, we were never shy or timid about talking about the future. Marriage was discussed at length and we would often say things like, "When we're married, can we go on roadtrips?" or "When we're married, you're in charge of the laundry." There was never a time when we didn't see our relationship heading to this direction. For us, being in a relationship with no intention of getting married seemed like a complete waste of time. Now that we are actually engaged, we are in complete disbelief that we are that much closer to spending the rest of our lives together. It's no longer a "When we..." now we have a concrete time frame of " Next year..."

There are plenty of times when we stop and marvel at my engagement ring and how it catches the light. And often I catch him with sincere fondness in his eyes when he holds my left hand and looks at the ring he so lovingly picked out for me gleaming on my ring finger. A lot of times, I have to catch and correct myself and refer to him not as my boyfriend, but as my fiance. These minor little details that may not mean much, truly overwhelms me with giddiness. It is completely thrilling knowing that you are going to marry the one you love.

As for wedding planning, we're pretty much clueless. I've been pouring over bride magazines and wedding blogs, trying to get ideas and helpful hints. I've got some great ideas already regarding how the napkins should be folded during the reception or what our cake topper is going to be, but as far as budgeting, reception place, finding vendors... I'm pretty much in over my head. We're thinking of shopping around for a wedding planner who can help point us in the right direction and help us stay within our budget. But if a wedding planner doesn't come through, I'm all about being a DIY bride. That's what the long engagement is for, right?

Now that I have something more exciting to blog about, I will most probably be updating soon. I'll keep this blog posted on the wedding planning.

No comments: