Saturday, August 7, 2010

In-Between Time.

Since graduation and the boards, I found myself with more time than I've been used to. At first it seemed so alien to be able to sleep in day after day, to be able to make instantaneous plans without having to factor it in my jammed schedule, to be able to stay up late out of leisure instead of necessity. Initially, I was frustrated with all this time in my hands. Why couldn't I, like other graduates, land a job and start my journey into the real world? It felt like all those years of hard work was going to waste. But now I truly appreciate this lulled time in my life. I am stumbling upon blessings I've overlooked. There is so much life around me. So many things to marvel at, infinite things to do, so much more to learn. It feels as though I've been finding pieces of myself that I've unknowingly forgotten while I was busy memorizing drug classes and pathophysiologies. I am yearning to enter the nursing profession, but I know that will happen in His own time. I am trusting in God. And for now, I shall enjoy this gift of time.

2 comments:

Emilio said...

Enjoy it while it lasts! Who knows when you'll be able to get such a long vacation.

ica said...

i miss reading your writing and you deserve this time God's given you. i love you and miss you friend.

ps. maybe you can swing by my house and spend some of that time with me? and maybe i can also give your dress to you.