Friday, July 23, 2010

Magic Words.

We tell the cashier at the grocery store to "have a nice day." We bid customers/patrons to "take care" as they leave. We make sure to say "hello" and "goodmorning" to the bus driver on our way to work or school. We say "please" and "thank you" when the server takes our orders at the restaurant. But when it comes to people we love and care about the most, we can say the most hurtful things without even thinking twice. Respect, which we so willingly give to random strangers on a daily basis, goes out the window and in the heat of an emotional outburst, we say things that we don't mean but always end up deeply hurting others. I pray that God continues to show me how I portray myself to others and that I may give everyone the same respect, love, and acceptance not based on my biased emotions, but based on the fact that they are human beings, created and loved by God.

1 comment:

Emilio said...

Was this from doing a devotion?