I had one lovely weekend filled with scenic walks, good food, perfect weather, shopping, and accidental explorations.
Friday.
On our way to Mr. Yogato in Dupont Circle, Emilio and I decided to follow the herds of people to the National Mall to see the cherry blossoms. "Halfway" towards the Tidal Basin (quotations because we were actually walking the wrong way), we grew tired, grabbed some fries drenched with vinegar and headed back towards the metro. However, we stumbled upon the Freer Gallery of Art garden where all the Magnolia trees were in full bloom. All the trees were heavy with pink, fragrant petals. It was beautiful. Then, we decided to check out the gallery for a bit. Our hungry stomachs got the best of us and we decided to head again to Mr. Yogato. It was one of those hole-in-the-wall places, but it was frozen yogurt and I'd go just about anywhere to get it! After 3 bowls (yes, 3), we played Chutes and Ladders (in which I found that I had a knack for getting all the right ladders) and we tried our hand at Mario on the original Nintendo. We then decided to head back to the metro. We picked a random place on the metro map and ended up in China town, but we didn't really explore the China part of it. Instead, we headed straight to Urban Outfitters where we did a little shopping.
Saturday.
I worked all day, but a nice walk around the neighborhood and Sushi always makes the day better.
Sunday.
After studying at the library for a couple of hours, Emilio and I decided that it was impossible to ignore the beautiful weather and decided to drive to the National Harbor. After our Potbelly subs, we found a spot on the pier, pulled out our textbooks, and studied over some CakeLove cupcakes. Afterwards, we explored the Harbor. We found plenty of potential scenic places to study for future reference (we are that hardcore about studying) and found the best places to sit and admire the view. We then headed to Aromi d'Italia Gelataria to cap off the day. As we got back to my house, we were greeted by Rex on the front steps gardening with my dad. It seemed like he was enjoying the day as well.
I hope you all had a great weekend as well.
2 comments:
Waa! That sounds like an amazing weekend haha! =D
Not only did y'all get ta study, but y'all got to see some beautiful stuff (the images in my head of the Magnolia trees is amazing haha!), play some oldschool games, and eat 3 bowls of frozen yogurt O_O. (Not to mention the amazing weather!)
Aww... y'all have so much random fun. I wana study with y'all sometime again haha! XD
Oh! And yes... my weekend was nice as well =P
Went Cherry Blossom adventuring haha!
Post a Comment