It sounds strange, but after an extremely stressful week, it feels great to come home and clean. Organizing what's been disrupted and carelessly tossed around in the chaos of events gives me some semblance of order and peace. The process of physically placing things back where they belong and putting things in order allows my mind to also de-clutter from the mishmash of the past week's craziness. And by the time I go to bed, my mind is in one organized piece and I am able to get a restful sleep. It's a weird psychological quirk. I find that I am much more overwhelmed and scatterbrained when things aren't in order. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to tidy up as much as I would like, so by the middle of the week my room (lecture notes/car/bag/closet/house) is another stressor in itself.
To update you on my car situation, a person from our insurance company came to assess the damage on my car and thus concluded that it is indeed totaled. So they will be hauling it away on Monday which is a bit sad because as much as I complained about how "crappy" it was, it has been very good to me (it was, after all, my first). For the mean time, the person's insurance is providing me with a rental (a Corolla) until I eventually buy another car.
2 comments:
huhuhuh... goodbye civic. that's sad. so how much are they gonna give you to get a new one?
ano ba yan? $4,900? di nalang ginawang $5000, may butal pa. but you can get a pretty decent used car for that price. anyway, i dunno how u eat the dress cake coz its just been sitting here with the fondant melting and all. i guess u just cut and eat.
Post a Comment