Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Finding my design sense.

"I don't want to own anything until I know I've found the place where me and things belong together. I'm not quite sure where that is just yet. But I know what it's like." - Holly Golightly
Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Truman Capote


My mom and I recently discovered HGTV (we hardly get to venture beyond channels 60 to 100 on our cable) and we are so hooked. We could watch all their shows for hours. I marvel at how a simple, yet appropriate color palette, some furniture rearranging, and a bit of creativity can totally transform the atmosphere of a room and make it stylish and personal. Watching countless HGTV shows has triggered my inner designing sense and now, I am just brimming with ideas. Hopefully, one day I will have my own place that I could personally decorate with my own personal style.
[I'm really liking gray. It's a neutral but it looks very classy and clean.]

1 comment:

sharyl said...

yes gray is nice. with maybe a splash white and aqua accents. i'd so do gray but wouldnt match my walls.