Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Not You, It's Me

I have been trying to come up with some solid, irrefutable reason to give my boss as to why I am quitting. So far, no luck. But I have managed to grow a bit of a backbone and I recently informed him that I am leaving in a month. He didn't take it so well (seriously, begging?!). I guess my puny excuses weren't as irrefutable as I had thought. This whole mess of a job is starting to resemble a bad abusive relationship that I can't disentangle myself from. I know that I can get another job, a better paying one, but for some reason... I stay.

My boss is adamant about keeping me, wanting me to write down a figure that will make me stay. It's not just the money (and I'd like to think that my decision can't be dissuaded by an impressive hourly pay and that I have more integrity than that), but the overall experience is getting old. It's time to leave ice cream behind and maybe concentrate on a different skill, something more mature, and start to build up my resume. I'm sure the store would do fine without me.

And so I am officially breaking up with K*Scoops. Hopefully it will be an amiable one and we can remain friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gie.. There's so much shit going on. We need to catch up soon. Feels like forever and a day since I last saw and really talked to you. Hope you've been well. And good luck with trying to quit.. sounds like they really love U! hahaha.

How about...
"I've developed a really bad case of rashes.. and I can no longer be around ice cream..."

hahaha. Try that and lets see what he says! :-)

sharyl said...

yeah, you should get an adult job, like at a doctor's office or something... anyway, ima go try mommy's crepe maker when we visit next month, then i'll decide if i want one.

oh and about cake love... there's one in Shirlington, its off of Glebe road (going towards 395 if your coming from Marymount)...

myrrh said...

Good luck with that Gie, I suck at quitting jobs too. but if i was able to leave two jobs...im sure u can do it too!

Em said...

Hey Gie! I'm sure everything will work out for the best :) I'm actually leaving my job too this summer when I leave for the PI. Hopefully I will find a job when I get back for the fall.

And we will discuss getting our own place soon...haha :) love ya and miss ya gie!