The holiday season brings out the inner (amateur) baker in me. I made cupcakes for our small Christmas gathering at work. It's my first time piping on the icing instead of just spreading it on top with a knife. They turned out pretty good! My coworkers agree as well. Now, don't get me wrong. When I say amateur, I mean boxed cake mix and store-bought icing. But I've been looking at a lot of baking blogs and communities on other sites and there are some pretty easy (and yummy-looking) recipes for icing so I think that I will try making my own next time I make cupcakes. This weekend I have an order of 40 Christmas sugar cookies. I'm excited! I get to play with dough and colorful icing and sprinkles. I will post some pictures up if they turn out good.
"How true is it that words are but vague shadows of the volumes we mean." -Theodore Dreiser-
Monday, December 17, 2007
Babycakes
The holiday season brings out the inner (amateur) baker in me. I made cupcakes for our small Christmas gathering at work. It's my first time piping on the icing instead of just spreading it on top with a knife. They turned out pretty good! My coworkers agree as well. Now, don't get me wrong. When I say amateur, I mean boxed cake mix and store-bought icing. But I've been looking at a lot of baking blogs and communities on other sites and there are some pretty easy (and yummy-looking) recipes for icing so I think that I will try making my own next time I make cupcakes. This weekend I have an order of 40 Christmas sugar cookies. I'm excited! I get to play with dough and colorful icing and sprinkles. I will post some pictures up if they turn out good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WHAAA? 0.0 my sister is baking?!
wow..at sharyl's sous chef..haha..i don't think i've ever seen you bake before!! i wanna try gie..bring some for our party on sat!!
omg gie's a cooking mama!!! yay for babycakes! Where are mine? lol.
Post a Comment