Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost, but not quite.

Not only did I survive my 12-hour night shifts in the NICU, I LOVED every minute of it too. I am extremely amazed by how much I've learned in the past 2 months, and even more amazing is how much God used this experience to reaffirm His will in my life.

This experience was not easy by any means. I had to stop working for 2 months, I had to continually readjust to night schedule then back to day schedule in time for classes, I gave up birthday celebrations of any kind because I was going to be on the unit for 3 nights in the row that week, and I had to compromise some exam grades. And yet, I would do it all over again. I almost wish that I were still on the unit.

But now that I'm done, I can focus more on my classes, which honestly, I have neglected a bit for the past 2 months. Also, I have a HUGE comprehensive exam in a month that I must pass before I graduate. If all goes well, you'll be getting a very excited BSN graduate blog post very soon!

6 comments:

myrrh said...

go, angie, go! youz can do it! gambatte!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Im glad to hear that u survived the last 2 months with all u've been doin haha!

Keep it up yo! There's more work ahead... but your giving such a good testimony, yo!

(And WHAT?! It was ur birthday?! Oh, Im gettin' u somethin' heh...)

Ica Images said...

can i just say, besides missing you, i am SOOOOOO extremely proud of you gie. I don't think I've ever seen you work so hard, and you've always been a hard worker. i love you very much and after graduation ... we can celebrate all this hard work of yours, your birthday and my birthday and anything else we've missed in the last few months because im sure all your hard work has been worth it. i love you so much and im praying for you gie!

Angie said...

Thanks everyone for all the kind words! It really means a lot to me. And I miss all of you!!

Emilio said...

I need to save up to buy you a buttload of presents and take you out to celebrate every occasion we've missed and are going to miss during this final semester.

Unknown said...

LOL need to plan awesome double dates for you, kuya e, me and edd. we're all working out butts off and sacrificing a lot this semester!

we will all deserve the summer break. esp u and kuya e!! oh my i am so proud of both of you and excited that you're graduating! you can do it angie ;) with God's help of course :)