Because I work at a local library, many people ask me for book recommendations (even though I try to explain that I am not exactly a librarian, just a circulation assistant). However, it is quite difficult to recommend novels when you don't know the other person quite well. Just like everyone has a different taste in music, everyone has a different reading preference. I personally am the romance/tragedy/fantasy type so I frequently recommend Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenneger. And just as I love reading classic literature by Jane Austen, Shakespeare, and F.Scott Fitzgerald, I also greatly enjoy reading current modern literature, chick lits, and young adult books.
I came across this book while at work and found it to be a great book about, well, book recommendations. Book Lust is written by a real librarian, Nancy Pearl, who provides suggestions for "reading for every mood, moment, and reason." i.e. Le Crimes Noir, Fathers and Daughters, What a Trial that was! and other categories for every type of genre you might be intersted in. Check it out if you're looking for good reading suggestions.
1 comment:
Oh hey! Book preferances eh?
Hmm... how would one know what kinda books one prefers? O_o
I suppose that ya just figure it out as you read stuff heh... I dont think I've read enuff tho to even know what kinda book's I'de like. =/
Post a Comment