Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Unemployed, no more

I got a new job! I start training next week and I'm excited. I know it sounds nerdy, but I love books and now that I'm a librarian, I'll be surrounded by them. I was starting to think that I didn't get the job because they were choosing between me and this other applicant who already had library experience... unfortunately (for him) his schedule didn't work out. So maybe I was their fall back chick but that's okay... I just need to show my dedication.

But I really do miss my old coworkers at the ice cream store. Most of my new coworkers are a lot older and have children. I don't know if I'll relate well with them. And everyone seems so serious (even though I know it's a library). I will definitely miss the easygoing atmosphere at the store.

One thing I'm looking forward to is shopping for clothes that meet "business office standards." Any (legitimate) excuse to shop is good.

1 comment:

sharyl said...

u're gonna be a LIBRARIAN?? i guess u got ur wish to get an ADULT job...