Friday, February 22, 2008

Spice Girls, School Update, & Health


Last night was one of the last Spice Girls concert in the US and it was held at Verizon Center. I really wanted to go but I immediately assumed that tickets would be sold out... until I heard on the radio that there were tickets left! Shame on me for not checking it out before missing the (quite possibly final) reunion tour!


Well today was a snow day, or more like an ice day. But it was a good opportunity, nonetheless, to stay home and catch up on studying and mountains of housework. The past weeks have been intense. Nursing school is no joke. Its literally as if your future relies on every crucial exam. I had exams on my birthday and all throughout the week. I wish I can say that they're all over with and I'll be able to celebrate this weekend. Unfortunately, I've got two more coming up and a Head-to-Toe physical assessment that is Pass/Fail. The pressure is quite nerve-wrecking and my stress level is through the roof. But after next week I'll be on Spring Break, just in time for a much needed R&R. I just need to hang on for a little longer.



Anyway, it's about the peak of the Flu season so take extra precautions out there! I heard the Flu shots this season didn't turn out so well because they misjudged which strains were going to be prevalent. So the Flu shots for this season is only about 40% effective. Many people who got the shot still contracted the Flu. So whether you got the shot or not, stay healthy by taking care of your immune system and washing your hands frequently (for at least 10 seconds!).

1 comment:

myrrh said...

aw angie, FIGHTING! conquer those exams! if God is with you, who/what can be against you? hehehe. <33